Your Privacy is Important to Us
What We Want You to Know
1. This site- Who we are and what we do
This site is a well respected online insurance resource site that connects consumers with insurance agents to compete for their business across a variety of insurance policy types. This site is not an insurance agency and does not provide quotes directly to consumers. Rather, This site is a free service that connects you with our nationwide network of quality insurance agents, agencies and carriers.
After you submit your quote request via our web site, we instantly match you to local and national agents who can meet your car insurance needs. We establish this connection by having matching agents contact you via email or phone. These agents will use the information you provided in your quote request to run your quote and contact you with the details. Please note that there are instances where This site does not have a matching agent based on your location and car insurance needs. If this occurs, your information may be passed to one of our partner companies to ensure that you receive as many competitive quotes as possible.
This site does not charge a fee to use our service. This site is paid a fee by the insurance agents and/or insurance affiliate partners who purchase leads through our service.
2. Information Collected
This site collects the following personal information for each of our car insurance quote requests. We pass this information on to your matching agents so they can generate accurate quotes for you. The information we provide to agents can include:
* First and Last Name
* Email Address
* Zip Code
* This information is not required, but is helpful in generating your quotes.
We collect and track certain technical information to make sure your consumer experience is a beneficial one. We may also use technical information to store your preferences and make future visits to our site quicker for you.
* Cookies – a cookie is a small file stored on a user’s computer that contains information about the user. Cookies allow us to see how and when you use our sites, but they cannot be used to track personal information such as email address or phone number. Cookies also allow us to store the personal preferences that you set during each visit to our sites which can speed up your future visits.
* Log files – This site uses log files to track how our sites are being accessed and used. Log files track anonymous user information such as IP addresses, browser types, Internet service providers, referring and exit pages, platform type, date and time stamps, and number of clicks to, from, and within our sites. Web logs are tracked only on our company servers and do not place anything on your computer.
* Information from Banner Ads – if you arrive at This site through a banner ad, we can track where you arrived from, as well as clicks that might have impacted our servers. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to gather personal information about you.
Information from the “Contact Us” section of the web site
If you decide to correspond with us via the “Contact Us” section on our site, we may ask you for personal information such as your name, email address, or phone number. This information is not sold to any third parties. Your information may, however, be shared with outside sources in order to resolve any problems you may have.
Information gathered from agents
Our agent web site contains preliminary information for insurance agents who might like to join our network. If you are an agent and submit information through the “Request More Information” page, your email address and phone number will be used for contact purposes but not shared with any outside parties.
Information gathered from affiliates
The affiliate section of our web site contains preliminary information for people who might like to join our affiliate network. If you sign up as an affiliate we will gather personal information such as name, postal address, and phone number. This information is used to contact you with information such as payment delivery notifications and a monthly affiliate newsletter. This information is never shared with any outside parties.
3. How Your Information is Used
How we share information with agents
When you submit a quote request on the This site website, your data is used to match you with an average of three to five qualified licensed insurance agents who will look to your insurance needs. In the event that we cannot match you with an agent, your information may be passed on to one of our partner companies in an effort to ensure you receive as many competitive quotes as possible.
How we internally use technical information to improve marketing
Other uses of your information by third parties
* Partner companies – in the event that no This site agents can serve your insurance needs, the information from your information request form may be distributed to one of our partner companies. We do this because we feel strongly that if we cannot provide you the information you requested, one of our trusted partner sites should. We consider this part of our commitment to provide excellent customer service. In these circumstances, we pass your quote request only to partner companies that we have an existing contractual relationship. We only partner with reputable companies and our contract requires they follow applicable laws and not misuse the data provided to them. Any contact from partner companies is not covered under this policy, nor are any further communications you may have with agents from those partner companies.
* Companies that perform information processing on our behalf – This site partners with companies who manage our email systems and conduct surveys on our behalf. Your personal data may be shared with these companies on a limited basis so that we can create and target our marketing campaigns.
* Law Enforcement – This site will share your personal information in response to law enforcement officers, government personnel, court order or subpoena. This information will only be shared in order to comply with any This site legal obligation.
4. Communications You Can Expect
Moments after you submit a quote request through This site, you will receive a confirmation email.
Follow up calls and emails from agents
Your quote request is matched with qualified, licensed agents. These agents may contact you via the information that you provided in your quote request.
You may be presented with the opportunity to sign up for our newsletter on the last page of each quote request, within the newsletter center within This site, or on the designated areas located throughout the site. After signing up to receive this newsletter, you will receive a welcome email to confirm your subscription and provide you an opportunity to unsubsribe for any reason.
This site provides the website and the information provided herein as a service to consumers. The information and materials provided on this site are provided for general information purposes and may not be relied on as a substitute for professional or legal advice. The views or opinions expressed by the authors included herein do not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of This site or its affiliates. This information is not intended to create any legal relationship between This site and the user. Neither the transmission nor receipt of these materials will constitute a legal relationship between the sender and the receiver. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. This site makes no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information expressed herein, or at any other website to which this site is linked. This site also assumes no responsibility for the content and accuracy of materials contained in external sites to which links are provided on this website.
5. Altering or Deleting the Information You Submit Through the This site Website
When you submit an quote inquiry form with This site, insurance agents will contact you using the phone number and email address provided. In order stop these communications, you must contact the agents directly and request that they stop contacting you.
This site is not an insurance agency. We are a free service that instantly connects you with a nationwide network of qualified and licensed insurance agents and carriers. After you submit your quote request via our web site, we immediately match you to local agents and/or carriers directly or through one of our trusted affiliate partner sites and sends your data to them. This process happens immediately. Because of this, there is not an opportunity for you to edit your original information after it’s been submitted. We recommend that you communicate any needed changes directly to the agents and/or carriers with whom you were matched.
6. Policies applicable to restricted areas within the site
Certain areas of the This site site, such as areas only available to our agents may have additional or different terms and conditions than those addressed in this policy. If you access any of these areas, please consult the privacy policies posted in those areas.
We may, at our sole discretion, revise this policy at any time in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations. When we revise this policy, including changes to This site use of your personal information, we will incorporate the revisions into this policy and will revise the “last revised” date at the top of this web page. We recommend that you regularly visit this policy in order to remain informed about any changes that we may implement.
This site LLC Privacy Notice
By filling out the forms and providing information about yourself on this and the following pages, you acknowledge and agree that:
* This site may provide the data you submit to third parties for the purposes of providing you information and quotes about insurance, that such third parties may contact you by the email addresses, physical address or phone numbers that you provide, and that such third parties may use your information to gather additional information about you, such as insurance or credit scores. You further agree that this site is not responsible for the third parties’ compliance with any applicable law concerning telephone, e-mail, or facsimile communications with you.
* This site may contact you using the information you provide.
You are an actual person, you have the right to provide the information you submit, and the information you submit is accurate, complete and truthful.